THE NOVUS CLEANING COMPANY STORY...
Latin Translation (adjective)
2. fresh, young
3. recent unusual
In 2013, Nick Krest wanted to do something different on weekends. Given his passion for cleaning and tidiness, he began to look for a weekend job as a cleaner. Although, having forged a successful corporate career, it seemed an odd way to spend weekends. Having applied for a few local cleaning positions he found it amusing that no one would hire him. After weeks of fruitless applications and no responses, he decided that he would have a go at starting he’s own company. Filling he’s car boot full of cloths, and cleaning products he approached local real estate agents to clean their rental properties. Within a week, he got he’s first job and
…. Novus Cleaning Company was born…
Always striving to exceed our customers’ expectations, Novus Cleaning Company’s team has grown at present employs in excess of 50 staff across Victoria and NSW. Although experiencing rapid growth, across different facets of the Cleaning & Maintenance industry, our principles have always remained at the core of everything we do.
Honesty, Integrity, Transparency, and knowing that it is a privilege to truly serve our clients are our guiding principles.
Always listening to what our clients are telling us, today Novus Cleaning Company has evolved into an integrated service partner for commercial clients, a trusted domestic hand for families and hired help for anything to do with cleaning and facilities management.
At Novus Services Group, Quality is an integral part of our Corporate Business Principles. Our company strives to achieve sustainable growth through consistently satisfying the diverse needs and expectations of our clients. Novus Services Group is committed to the effective implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with ISO 9001 Standard.
To achieve this objective, we will:
- Provide services that meet or exceed the standards prescribed in relevant agreements, contracts, codes and statutory obligations.
- Deliver added value to our clients by identifying, monitoring and responding to their needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction.
- Set measurable targets and seek to continually improve the delivery of our services.
- Continually review and improve the effectiveness of the Management System.
- In providing quality services, we will embrace new ideas, technology and innovation. We will strive for continuous improvement, setting new benchmarks to maintain our strong reputation within the industry.
- Deliver our projects on time, on budget, and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ensure our suppliers, contractors and visitors operate in accordance with this policy.
At Novus Services Group we recognise our responsibility to meet community expectations and we are committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental performance. Novus Services Group recognises the importance of sustainability and reducing its environmental footprint.
We believe that being environmentally responsible is both the obligation of management and every individual.
To achieve this, we will:
- Comply with relevant Environment legislation and systems across the business.
- Proactively identify environmental hazards, assess their risk and eliminate or, if not possible, manage the risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Establish annual environmental objectives and targets and review annually
- Positively influence the environmental performance of any future partners.
- Manage our diverse activities to prevent or minimise pollution and impacts on visual amenity, air, water, land, flora, fauna and cultural and heritage values
- Strive to improve resource consumption efficiency and minimise waste generation in our Services
- Investigate and implement mutually beneficial programs of environmental management with interested parties
- Ensure understanding of environmental requirements and implementation of standards among our employees, suppliers and contractors
- Monitor and report our environmental progress
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Novus Services Group is committed to support the health, safety, and welfare of all people we employ and to the people affected by our undertakings.
Novus Services Group continuously supports improvements of workplace health and safety by adopting a planned systematic approach to Occupational Health and Safety. This approach includes risk management and consultation.
As part of our overall commitment Novus Services Group is committed to:
- Complying with ISO 45001, AS/NZS 4801 and all relevant OH&S legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines;
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets aimed at eliminating work related injury and illnesses;
- Documenting, implementing and communicating OH&S policy to all employees;
- Regularly monitoring and revising our policy in accordance with legislative and organisational changes or as appropriate.
- Provide adequate training, information, instruction and supervision to all employees and visitors to ensure work is carried out safely
- Ensure all accidents, hazards and near misses are recorded and reported and an investigation is carried out to determine possible causes.
- Maintain a safe working environment by reporting hazards or unsafe work practices in a prompt manner to their manager or supervisor.
- Report all workplace injuries, near misses and illnesses caused by work immediately to your manager.